PubTransformer

A site to transform Pubmed publications into these bibliographic reference formats: ADS, BibTeX, EndNote, ISI used by the Web of Knowledge, RIS, MEDLINE, Microsoft's Word 2007 XML.

Local Allergic Rhinitis in Adult Patients with Chronic Nasal Symptoms.

Abstract Local allergic rhinitis (LAR) remains an underdiagnosed condition characterized by the local production of IgE antibodies during the natural exposure to aeroallergens. The prevalence of LAR in adult patients with a previous diagnosis of non-AR was assessed.
PMID
Related Publications

Follow-up study in local allergic rhinitis shows a consistent entity not evolving to systemic allergic rhinitis.

Immunologic responses to the major allergen of Olea europaea in local and systemic allergic rhinitis subjects.

Prevalence and clinical relevance of local allergic rhinitis.

Local allergic rhinitis to Alternaria alternata : Evidence for local IgE production exclusively in the nasal mucosa.

Local allergic rhinitis in elderly patients.

Authors

Mayor MeshTerms
Keywords

Aging

Allergens

Allergic rhinitis

IgE

Local allergic rhinitis

Journal Title international archives of allergy and immunology
Publication Year Start




PMID- 28787729
OWN - NLM
STAT- MEDLINE
DA  - 20170808
DCOM- 20170905
LR  - 20170906
IS  - 1423-0097 (Electronic)
IS  - 1018-2438 (Linking)
VI  - 173
IP  - 3
DP  - 2017
TI  - Local Allergic Rhinitis in Adult Patients with Chronic Nasal Symptoms.
PG  - 165-170
LID - 10.1159/000478656 [doi]
AB  - BACKGROUND: Local allergic rhinitis (LAR) remains an underdiagnosed condition
      characterized by the local production of IgE antibodies during the natural
      exposure to aeroallergens. The prevalence of LAR in adult patients with a
      previous diagnosis of non-AR was assessed. MATERIAL AND METHODS: Eighty-four
      patients with perennial nasal allergy symptoms but a negative skin prick test and
      specific IgE antibodies against common inhalant allergens were included in the
      study. Nasal provocation tests were performed with the inhalant allergens
      Dermatophagoides pteronyssinus, Alternaria, and cat allergen, followed by the
      detection of nasal-specific IgE antibodies in the lavage during the challenge.
      RESULTS: LAR was confirmed in 21 (25%) study patients. In the remaining 63 (75%) 
      patients, non-AR was diagnosed. In addition, LAR was found following exposure to 
      D. pteronyssinus in 19 (22.6%) patients, Alternaria in 3 (3.6%) patients, and the
      cat allergen in 1 (1.2%) patient. In 2 patients, concomitant allergies to D.
      pteronyssinus and Alternaria were observed. CONCLUSION: LAR can be a form of
      chronic perennial rhinitis that has previously been considered to be non-AR.
CI  - (c) 2017 S. Karger AG, Basel.
FAU - Krajewska-Wojtys, Anna
AU  - Krajewska-Wojtys A
AD  - Clinical Department of Internal Diseases, Dermatology, and Allergology, Medical
      University of Silesia, Zabrze, Poland.
FAU - Jarzab, Jerzy
AU  - Jarzab J
FAU - Zawadzinska, Kamila
AU  - Zawadzinska K
FAU - Pyrkosz, Katarzyna
AU  - Pyrkosz K
FAU - Bozek, Andrzej
AU  - Bozek A
LA  - eng
PT  - Journal Article
DEP - 20170809
PL  - Switzerland
TA  - Int Arch Allergy Immunol
JT  - International archives of allergy and immunology
JID - 9211652
RN  - 0 (Allergens)
RN  - 0 (Antigens, Dermatophagoides)
RN  - 0 (Antigens, Fungal)
RN  - 37341-29-0 (Immunoglobulin E)
SB  - IM
MH  - Adult
MH  - Allergens/immunology
MH  - Alternaria/immunology
MH  - Animals
MH  - Antigens, Dermatophagoides/immunology
MH  - Antigens, Fungal/immunology
MH  - Cats/immunology
MH  - Chronic Disease
MH  - Female
MH  - Humans
MH  - Immunoglobulin E/blood/immunology
MH  - Male
MH  - Nasal Mucosa/immunology
MH  - Nasal Provocation Tests
MH  - Prevalence
MH  - Rhinitis, Allergic/blood/*diagnosis/*epidemiology/immunology
MH  - Skin Tests
MH  - Young Adult
OTO - NOTNLM
OT  - Aging
OT  - Allergens
OT  - Allergic rhinitis
OT  - IgE
OT  - Local allergic rhinitis
EDAT- 2017/08/09 06:00
MHDA- 2017/09/07 06:00
CRDT- 2017/08/09 06:00
PHST- 2016/06/10 [received]
PHST- 2017/06/13 [accepted]
AID - 000478656 [pii]
AID - 10.1159/000478656 [doi]
PST - ppublish
SO  - Int Arch Allergy Immunol. 2017;173(3):165-170. doi: 10.1159/000478656. Epub 2017 
      Aug 9.